Most Monday nights ...
PRODOS Film Study Group screens and studies: Documentary films, movies, video lectures/debates/seminars dedicated to the study and promotion of free market principles, individual rights, the history of ideas, the life and work of creative heroes.
- Favorite thinkers include:
- Ayn Rand
- Ludwig von Mises
- Frederic Bastiat
- Thomas Jefferson
- Adam Smith
- John Locke
Most Friday nights ...
We alternate between the Teddy Bobo Film Club and the Smart Girls Film Club.
Teddy Bobo Film Club presents and studies ultra short films - under 3 minutes - and then uses the lateral thinking and constructive thinking skills methods of Dr Edward de Bono to on some particular aspect of each film.
Enjoy an astounding range of film genres AND improve your constructive thinking skills! Some of the de Bono Methods we workshop are ...
- EBS (Examine Both Sides)
- CAF (Consider All Factors)
- TEC (Target-Expand-Contract)
- Six Thinking Hats
- PO (Provocative Operation)
- PMI (Plus, Minus, Interesting
- OPV (Other Peoples Viewpoint)
- ADI (Agree, Disagree, Irrelevant)
- And lots more
We treat thinking as a skill that can be enjoyed and improved with practice.
Regular, steady, sensible practice. It works!
You'll improve your skills in ...
- Generating new ideas deliberately, on demand
- Understanding the viewpoints of others
- Exploring your thinking for factors that you may have left out
- Identifying and escaping your own assumptions and dominant patterns of thinking
- Organizing your thinking
- Coming up with new ways of seeing things
- Creating "thinking plans" for working on your projects
- Dealing with information and feelings
- Practical thinking, planning, clarifying goals, sharpening your focus
Smart Girls Film Club screens and studies movies and documentaries about brave and brilliant women. Entrepreneurs, Scientists, Educators, Freedom Fighters, etc.
The PRODOS project is a PRO Capitalism and Free Market study group.
All meetings are chaired and very well run.
Our members come from a wide range of politics and ideology within the pro-Capitalism spectrum, including: Conservative, Classical Liberal, Objectivist, Christian, Atheist, Libertarian, Liberal Party of Australia.
Discussions are friendly but vigorous.
If you take ideas seriously, please join us!
The PRODOS Film Study Group is the world's first and foremost free market film society!