addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Professionals of Color Networking Group Message Board Professionals of Color Business & Social Networking Group Discussion Forum › Happy New Year, Professionals of Color Networking Group

Happy New Year, Professionals of Color Networking Group

Cabral T.
user 9824758
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Happy New Year Meetup members,

Thank you for being part of the Professionals of Color Networking Group. Last year was a big year as over 200 of you joined during that time. With that much growth and several members stepping up to become event organizers, the year finished strong with a variety of fun, engaging meetups. January is already off to a hot start with five (and counting) meetups scheduled. If you still have not been to a meetup yet, then check out the upcoming events and sign up for one. You all joined this group for a reason and it's up to you to make that happen.

As the group continues to grow (we already have new 2013 members) I want to address a couple points. One is no-showing for meetups, particularly for restaurant meetups that require time for making reservations and negotiating with management. Additionally, some meetups have capacity limits. By RSVPing and then not showing up, you disrespect the organizers and unfairly prevent your fellow members from attending the event. Members who repeatedly no-show in the future will be removed from the group.

The second point is the atmosphere at events. Each new member brings a different knowledge set, perspective, and personality to the group. As professionals, conversations may get very deep and I welcome that. However let's not try to force political, religious, and societal opinions on others. We can dialogue and agree to disagree without putting anyone down. Along those lines, physically suggestive comments are out of line. We're all adults with needs and I understand some members are looking for a relationship but that is not a free pass to making others uncomfortable.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this email or the group in general. I look forward to a great 2013 for the Professionals of Color Networking Group and hope to see you at an event soon.

Cabral Thomas

P.S. If you have a business that you're looking to promote, contact me as we now have sponsorship opportunities available.
A former member
Post #: 1
Happy New Year!! This is one of my favorite meetup groups. Everyone I've met so far has been really cool. That being said, I completely agree that a penalty should be in place for repeat no-shows. There's nothing more disappointing than expecting to have dinner with 15 members/potential new friends, and only 3 people show up. Don't get me wrong, those 3 people are mad cool, but damn. If you can't make it, it doesn't take much to change your RSVP.