addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The BarkHappy Portland Pug Meetup Group Message Board › pet sitting co-op

pet sitting co-op

Anne N.
user 12671757
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Was anything ever formalized in 2008 to follow up on this idea? I had been thinking of the same thing. I too live in Multnomah Village and have two pugs that are pretty active and both young. I would love to swap sitting and save some money on sitters.

Let me know if there is a way to get the ball rolling on organizing this a bit more.
Thanks,
Anne
Justin & Lynn S.
old1eye
Spokane, WA
Post #: 12
Howdy,

Lynn and I are going out of town from December 27th to January 9th. Any chance Tinkerbelle & Higgins could come for a visit?

Justin & Lynn Short
Desiree D.
user 13514659
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
I would love to be part of the pug sitting co-op!!! I have two male pugs and am leaving town at various times throughout the year, including April 29-May 1, and Sep 1-5, Nov 28-Dec 3. I can start watching pugs as of early May.

RobS
user 2449705
Portland, OR
Post #: 25
This is such a great idea but did the pug sitting co-op ever get started? If so, we'd like add our names to the list. We have three fun-loving Pugs and are in need of sitting services for a few long weekends throughout the upcoming summer. We'd love to watch other people's Pugs, our three love having other Pugs in the house to play with.

If the co-op has been started, please let us know.

Thanks,
Rob, Heidi, Booker, Brutus and Daisy
Anne N.
user 12671757
Portland, OR
Hi All,
I met with Heidi and Rob and I am willing to take up the organization of a pug pet sitting exchange. The basic idea would be to exchange with another person ideally near you and keep the pugs at your house or sit at theirs depending on your agreed upon preference.

It would be one night credit per dog. So if a person with 2 dogs had their dogs to to another family that only has one the person with one will get two nights credit for every night they sit the 2 dogs. We are thinking it is ideal to have people with multiple dogs work together as it would take forever to "pay" back the person with only one pug.

It is good to meet in a neutral location and have the pugs play to make sure they all get along before setting up a stay. Also for the people to meet and feel comfortable with each other.

Please reply if you are interested with your name and contact information email and phone would be great, general area you live in, how many pugs you have, names and ages and if you have a fenced yard. As well as times you are interested in a sitter. I will do my best to create a list of potential sitters in areas of Portland and get people matched up.

I live in SW Portland near Multnomah Village and have two small boy pugs I am interested in sitting at the beginning of October and around Thanksgiving. Both for about 10 days or so.

Pugs are a great breed and generally get along so well with each other this is a great way to save a little money and still have outstanding care for your pets!

Thank you,
Anne
Sheila B.
user 114081982
Beaverton, OR
Hello,

We are new to Hillsboro area and are looking for future pug sitters. I have two senior pugs: Puggy (15) and Puka (13). I will be traveling several times this year- one coming up 5/30-6/6. Am wanting to know if anyone can take care of my babies and I am willing to sit for you as well.

Thank you so much,
Sheila, Puggy, and Puka