We’re very excited that Eve is graciously opening up her oceanfront property to us pug lovers. For Eve's privacy, only meetup members can see the location on the event calendar and meeting reminders.
It's approx 1.5 miles from the Sea Life Park entrance, on the beach side.
There will be balloons marking the entrance. A large monkeypod tree is across the street, opposite the gate entrance. There is a honu (turtle) on the gate at the entrance. Pat will monitor the gate entrance area, then someone will direct people where exactly to park.
We are requiring RSVP’s so we can estimate how many will attend to plan accordingly.
To respect her privacy and generosity, we ask everyone to follow these basic “rules” during our outing:
1. Be prompt! Allow plenty of time to arrive here on time-this is a priority because there’s a whole system we have to adhere to when entering/exiting her property. She uses 2 gates that one of us will have to man during arrival/departures, so it’s a time consuming process and none of us wants to spend the entire time monitoring the gates as people meander in anytime.
So, we are requiring EVERYONE to arrive between 8:50-9am and be willing to stay until at least 12:45-1pm. If you cannot adhere to these stipulations, you will not be able to attend or you will have to park along the roadside across the street.
2. Up to 20 cars will be allowed to park on her property, after that, the rest may just park along the roadside across the street. If you are inviting guests, please carpool. Parking spots on the property are reserved for pug members. Be sure to lock your cars and pugs MUST be leashed while crossing this very busy street and until safely through both gates and onto the property.
3. She has stated that she wants no gifts, but as an avid dog lover, she said that if we want to do something, to please donate to a charitable dog cause, so a collection of $5/family is requested, payable to Pat upon entering-please bring exact change.
4. Please do not promote this as visiting the “Magnum PI” house since Eve has grown tired of that reference all of these years. As you can imagine, there are still fanatical fans who try to access her property, surely convinced that Tom Selleck will appear any minute. So limit this discussion to ourselves, not to her.
5. There are picnic tables-we will bring a tablecloth, plates, napkins, cups and utensils and everyone can list their potluck dish. Bring your own drinks.
6. Please bring water for your pug, water bowls, lawn chairs.
7. It will be low tide--perfect!, so wear your swim suits and bring plenty of towels. She has a hose for rinsing off. Pugs MUST be monitored closely while on the beach. There was an incident in the past, with a Lab group, where the dog ran down the beach and stole a chicken off of the neighbors grill!
8. For recreation, there is tether ball, vball, tennis courts, playground equipment-anyone using this, esp. children, have to be monitored at all times. Eve is not liable for any accident, injury, falling coconut, etc. while on her property.
9. Bathrooms will be available-signs will be posted to access them in an outer bldg. You have to enter a small gate that overlooks the seawall, so pugs that follow you to the bathroom have to be on-leash in your control at all times so as not to jump off of the seawall.
10. Eve asked that no one pick the flowers or seagrapes please.
11. Please REFRAIN from bringing any dogs in heat, large dogs, or dogs that are not properly socialized. (Small socialized dogs are fine.)
12. We hope everyone will be respectful and follow these guidelines-this will allow us to continue the use of this site for the future-we want to make a good impression. Eve LOVES pugs, we want her to love the owners as well…And, we want to be invited back again!
13. Please print these guidelines and keep our cell phone numbers handy: Pat[masked], Bill[masked]