The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › 4yo Mele needs a new home-Please contact Dan below for pix or more info.

4yo Mele needs a new home-Please contact Dan below for pix or more info.

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI

MELE (KALIKIMAKA)

BORN 27.12.2008

·        OURS SINCE 8 WEEKS, BUT TIME TO RE-HOME

·        FIXED, CHIPPED, 24#

·        AVOIDS [/url]CHILDREN

·        HAS RECENT SKIN ISSUES THAT ARE TREATABLE

·        DAN 343-3753

She was squeezed a lttle to hard too many times as a puppy by a 7 yr old neighbor girl, and got a little traumatized by it. She isn't a mean dog in any sense of the word. She simply avoids getting to close to small kids, if she can. However, if we do "introduce" her, she'll let the kids pet her.

The dog has had no medical problems in the 4 years we have had her, albeit a little ear cleaning since she loves to swim. We took 3 weeks off in Sept. and let her with friends in Pupukea. They said it was constantly raining, and of course had her swimming a bit. Within a week of coming home, she developed a bacterial skin infection and ear fungal. We had her treated at the VCA Kapolei Animal Hospial, Oct. 18. Both cleared up within 2 weeks with the meds.  Unfortunately, she re-developed the skin bumps/redness about 10 days ago. Topicals did not work, so the VCA started her on the anti-biotics, again today.
Doctor Doris Wu would not bring her up to date with shots, until the meds do their work. We are planning on having the shots given to Mele sometime 16-22/Dec.

Daily summary:
6am Up for a scoop of COSTCO salmon and sweet potatoe dry, walk down the road until pees/poops. 
Goes to the deck with us to watch the sunrise on the porch swing. She likes coffee with cream and sugar, hot or cold.
She eats a couple of 1/4" wide dry C.E.T. sticks which I have cut from the wide originals while we eat breakfast. She sleeps (couchs are fine, albeit a doggy bed is on the floor).
9am: I take her for a 4-5 block walk. She sleeps. Most days, normally used room has A/C going from then on.
12 noon Lunch for us, she gets another couple of those pre-cut C.E.T. sticks to chew. Sleeps.
4:30pm Scoop of dry salmon and sweet potatoe, walk down the road until pees/poops
Sunset on the swing. Likes to eat ice from the soft drinks/beer.
Usually she is asleep by 7:30 pm. She sleeps on the bed with us, when we go. Has a doggy door to a grass "run" we put together along the house to do the duty when needed.
Also give occasional Charlie Beards liver snacks, mini milk bones, pieces of apples during waking hours.

2. Loves to take car rides (dog parks, beach, friends, etc.)

3. Will give food we have, snacks, toys, bed, halters, collar, leash, etc.

4. Besides the fact that we are considering leaving Hawaii (one apt. just listed), She is an absolutely wonderfully loving animal. However, she is also my third foot; sticks to me like glue. It is exactley like the other pug we had for 10 years (down from cancer). I am simply tired of it.