addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Dec meetup recap

Dec meetup recap

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI
23 families came out to share their collective pug holiday joy this past Sunday.  It's so refreshing to be amongst those who treasure the pugs endearing traits of goofiness, loyalty, attachment and we believe the most loving breed there is! 

During this busy time of year, I commend you for taking the time to socialize with other pug people and more importantly, caring enough to socialize your pug with other dogs and give them exercise and attention that helps them thrive and be more obedient and enjoyable.   You know my favorite saying, "a tired dog is a good dog."  :)

Everyone was greeted to a mini Christmas tree decorated with pug-ornaments, most of which have been given as gifts over our 25yrs of pug-ownership. We had 7 new members attend, most with pesky, playful puppies that we all adore.

Our special friends, Marcella & Chris, who adopted Mama Lady and puppy Conor, from the HHS Waimanalo puppy mill rescue in Feb (owner of pet-shop just pleaded no contest, read more in the news), visited for the last time before they head out for their new life in TX.  Lady was in bad shape, but is now a happy, thriving, sweet gal and Conor wins the hearts of all.  They mean the world to me since I fostered Lady & Conor for 1 month prior to finding Marcella as their perfect and forever pug Mama.

Andy & Melissa brought puppy Tubby who attached to Kaitlyn & Tyler's puppy Beavis and they ran and ran.  Thank goodness, since they arrived first and my 8 & 9yo Abby and Nick wanted nothing to do with their foolhardiness!  :)

Edna, Rosa & Eddier brought Lana-no one took mercy on poor Edna, her first meetup, she had the coveted Secret Santa gift fleece blanket that everyone kept stealing!  I told you it's very cut-throat!

Sheila & Billy brought Guinness (wonder what their favorite adult beverage is?), Richard strolled in with Major Payne (you can ask him about that name) and Carrie brought Grover.

Paula brought Lucy, who is our Abby's sister littermate, so that was a special reunion, although I think they could've cared less about each other!  :)

Veterans Ariana & Ray with Betty (puppy brother Henri was just neutered so had to stay at home), Austen & Jon with Cosmo, Selena & Jon (don't take your gift losses too personally) with Honey (who played more than I've ever seen her play), Micah & Ashley with big black Roofus & new fluff ball Pom puppy Paul-a, Vicki & Jon with Misaki & Laszlo, Lani with puppy Sophie, Maralie & Mark with big girl Mia, Sarah with playful Tasi & Max, Cheryl & Pat with Magi & Tobi, Marilyn & Neil with friendly Fuji, Kuni, Roy & Brandon with Honey Girl, Trish & Mills with Ming & Vader and Nancy with Mele.

I "made" everyone sing "Winter Wonderland for Dogs" (lyrics posted on discussion board) to get in the spirit of things. Our Secret Santa gift exchange, although getting off to a polite, quiet start, took a turn for a more aggressive tempo once the "stealing" began!  Everyone got wonderful goodies and there was lots of laughter.

Thank you to everyone who brought delicious potluck dishes and I always appreciate those who bring tables and help me with clean-up.  Don't forget to post pictures on our photo section.

Fellow organizers Dawn & Nate and I will be making some revisions to our 2013 meetups to make it less work for us and allow us to enjoy the playtime more.  We are taking a break in Jan, so stay tuned for more info for Feb.

We are open to anyone volunteering to take on more responsiblities within our group and/or suggestions for new locations for meetups.  If anyone would like to do an informal get-together in your neighborhood or park, you can always post on our discussion board or email me and I can send out your msg to all members.

When people ooh and aah over your pug and see how well you treat them, saying how lucky they are, always remember that WE are the lucky ones-having the privilege of being the recipient of all this pug love.  Count our blessings this holiday season.  I'm thankful that all of you, as fellow pug lovers, are part of our lives...

Aloha, Pat, Bill, Nick & Abby