The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Bella needs a new home

Bella needs a new home

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI

Please contact Michael below, if interested.

Pat

Bella belonged to my parents and due to, epically reasons they were no longer to provide for her. I took her since I was on shore duty and had more time. Unfortunately I will be transferring to Virginia in a few weeks and will be on sea duty. My family cannot accommodate her and I would like to find a loving family here in Hawaii to give her a great home.

Name: Bella   Breed: Pug / ¼ Terrier   Weight: 23 lbs    Age: 3

Personality: As most pugs do, Bella has a great sense of humor and great personality. She loves to play and gets a kick out of her own reflection. I have had very few disciplinary issues which have been resolved for the most part now that she’s a little older. She loves to lay on her back and get tummy scratches for as long as you’re willing to go. She is very conscious of her surroundings and will sometimes try to get into some pug mischief (when things get quite, I get suspicious J ). And of course, with voice inflection, she will give the famous head tilt.

Eating Pattern: Bella consumes 3/4 cup of food in the morning and evening. She has a healthy appetite (as most pugs do).

Activity Level: Bella loves to go on walks and usually gets one after each meal so she can use the restroom. She enjoys the company of other dogs and loves to play tug-o-war. She is used to being alone for 8-10 hours at a time during the workweek but does perfect when left out.

Socialization: She loves the company of other dogs and has spent time with both small and big dogs. She lived with a German Sheppard and a cat for about a year and got along just fine. She does like to occasionally chase cats. She can be a bit shy around new people and tends to warm up to females faster than males. Once used to her new environment she becomes protective of the house. It usually takes a few days for her to become acclimated with new people but once she does she is all kisses and sneezes. As far as kids are concerned, she has spent time with newborns and is very protective of them. She enjoys the new baby smell. She is great with toddlers as well (but can be shy).

Obedience: Bella knows the commands sit, come, twirl, and speak. She also knows a non-verbal gesture to sit. If there are no distractions then she remains obedient for the most part. Add in some distractions and her attention can waiver.

Sleep Habits: Bella usually sleeps in my bed and enjoys sleeping under the covers at times. She has also been in environments where she sleeps next to the bed and does just fine. She had a green blanket that she sleeps on where ever you put it. She enjoys taking naps here and there throughout the day and occasionally likes to sleep with the sun on her so she can get a tan.

Bella’s Belongings: She has a green blanket that she is comfortable sleeping on. Will provide paperwork for her medical history. Also have medicine for upset stomach. About 8 months worth of flea / tick topical solution.

Medical Conditions: Left hip has about 60% coverage around the Femur vice the normal 80%. Can sometimes cause limping with prolonged activity.

Medical History: Bella is up to date on her shots to include her rabies vaccine. She is chipped. Her regular Vet is VCA Animal Hospital in Pearl City.

Michael Heinz

559-331-9953

Mike.j.heinz@gmail.com­