addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for assistance.

Looking for assistance. Neglected pug with Atopy X, black leathery skin - any pug rescue org in Honolulu?

wes
user 7432755
Honolulu, HI
Post #: 252
Hi,
Searched for Pug Rescue groups but none in Hawaii.
Found your meetup.
My elderly uncle and auntie have a cute 4 year old pug, and now its dermatitis is so bad, all the fur is shedding and now the belly is black skin.
Tried to schedule a vet exam many times, even a free one, and they refuse to take the dog.
My auntie and uncle keep cancelling and refusing to go. I'm trying to deal with the problem, but its been over a month now.
I called them yesterday telling them I scheduled a vet for Thurs.
They just called this morning, and now the excuse is "we have no money, so change the appt to the end of the month"
They keep making excuses for putting it off, yet they ask me when I can drive them to costco to buy soda, coffee, and cigarettes?
Figured I would get suggestions here, or try something, before I contact the humane society.
I think the pug might have a yeast, fungus, or bacterial infection and may be life threatening as they have done nothing. Its scratching until its bleeding, and there's blood all over the floor. The paws look swollen so there's less wrinkles than before.

I am upset so I'm trying not to alienate them more by saying things.
It no longer wants to go walk, eat, too busy scratching and spinning around on her butt.
Thank you.
Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI
Post #: 566
Wes,
This is animal abuse and must be reported to the Humane Society immediately. This pug is suffering and your relatives must be mentally ill to treat any pet like this. I beg you to intervene and take this dog to the Humane Society to get help, you do not need to ask permission. No one neglecting any pet like this deserves to keep it.
Thank you for being the voice of reason and for caring for a helpless creature.
Pat