addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Mahalo for your generosity to the Oahu SPCA!

Mahalo for your generosity to the Oahu SPCA!

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI
I'm so proud of the generosity of members who came out today and donated money and items to the OSPCA (Oahu Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).  We collected $64 today and I kicked in the rest to round it out to $100, so wrote them a check and delivered supplies to a very grateful staff.
They kept thanking us over and over, hugging us and it was obvious that they could use anything that people can provide.  They have 56 dogs, their capacity, and their facility is a very sad place out in the middle of nowhere at Campbell Industrial Park, Kapolei.
This meetup was bittersweet since it is my last as co-organizer and it was extra special to see Karyl & David Choate, who were the first members with me at Kakaako in 2003.  Thank you all for the lei, gifts and kind words, it means a lot to us.
We have maintained very special friendships throughout the years and enjoy meeting new members, especially ones new to the breed, to share their joy and enthusiasm of the pug love that will have them hooked forever.
It's time to pass the torch to Sarah, Cheryl & Carlene, who have volunteered to take on the co-organizer roles and Dawn will remain as organizer to pay meetup dues for now.  I still plan on attending when I can, depending on our pug's health, of course, but will be minimizing my involvement.
Please be patient with them while they figure out their new roles and as we've always stated, if anyone has any suggestions, would like to host an event or has ideas for a new venue, please let them know.
It really helps if others can bring a table occasionally, help clean-up or suggest an activity/game/prizes, etc.  Many hands make light work!
Thank you for taking pix and uploading them.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, give your pug an extra big hug for all we are blessed with.
Pat & Bill
Nick & Abby