Lightning talks are between 5 and 15 minutes in length, and share with the group:
- your experience with a new tool, technique, Python module, algorithm, etc.
- progress on a new Python project
- a Python-related pet peeve that you've found a solution to
- How to do something better
- Almost anything else of interest to the group that can be explained in 15 minutes or less.
The rules are simple:
- No more than 15 minutes. The best lightning talks are typically 5-10 minutes long. The talks are timed, and you'll be abruptly cut off at the 15-minute mark to be fair to the other participants
- If you work for a vendor and want to pitch a product, this is not the forum for that.
- You have to have your own slides, on your own laptop, ready to go, or don't use slides :)
- It doesn't need to be "about Python" per se, but we trust that there's some obvious reason to believe it'll be of interest to the group.
You're free to give two lightning talks, but we'll max out there to insure everyone who wants to speak gets a chance.