Python User Group in Princeton Message Board › Innovative NYC High Frequency Trading Firm seeks Python Developer
|A former member||
I am an HR manager at a high frequency trading firm based in NYC, called World Financial Desk. We are seeking a skilled Python Developer to work in our office in NYC. If any of you has interest or knows of anyone who would have interest in the position, please refer to the job description below. You can also message me through meetup as well.
Thank you for your time and consideration:
We are a cutting edge, high-frequency trading firm and global market maker based in New York City. We live by technology, and continuous optimization of systems, strategy, and workflow is our primary objective. We offer a competitive salary and benefits (including free lunch), as well as an engaging, casual, fun, and focused work environment. We pride ourselves in the collaborative nature of the firm, and we look for individuals who are driven and analytically agile.
We are looking for a candidate with a mix of strong python and database skills. Initial tasks for this role will involve automation and reporting of all accounting systems, including the ability to trace orders throughout the system, trade reconciliation, as well as build a framework for our risk analytics and settlement systems. There will be ample opportunity for the role to become involved in all aspects of our proprietary systems.
• Extensive knowledge of Python; we use Python to run tests, generate reports, develop simulations, GUI development etc.
• Exposure to C/C++ development is a plus.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Familiarity with SQL/Postgres.
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Experience in financial services setting a big plus, but not necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong interpersonal skills a must.
• Ability to work well in a dynamic and collaborative setting.
We are committed to finding the right people for the job. If you have the skills and the desire to be part of a winning team, please submit a resume with a plain text cover letter in your email by visiting http://www.wfdcareers....
We do not sponsor visas or support relocation. We are not a recruiting firm.