addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Python User Group in Princeton Message Board › GUI - Looking for a way to incorporate a program into a GUI (Mac)

GUI - Looking for a way to incorporate a program into a GUI (Mac)

Fred M.
user 93420802
Princeton, NJ
Post #: 1
I have a computer assisted scheduling program that I wrote in python. To make it all work requires editing text files and running python in a Terminal window on a Mac.

What I would like to do is start with text files that have been imported from external sources, and allow "editing" a StreamIO version of them in a GUI. For the most part the editing simply involves iterative reordering of the "file" and running the new version against a model.

So I need to be able to present several types of views of the model, allow for adjustment of the "inputs" to the model, and present the view.

I am looking for the easiest way to get this into a manageable UI on a Mac. I am not worried at this time about portability. I can easily use 2.7 or 3.3
Paul J.
user 84011062
Princeton, NJ
Post #: 3
I have heard pyqt is one of the best, but I use gtk currently because it keeps the program entirely open source. Both of these work on ubuntu and windows, so I doubt mac would pose a problem.
Paul J.
user 84011062
Princeton, NJ
Post #: 4
I know you have most likely started or finished this project by now, but I have recently come across a library called PySide which is very good. It's almost the same as PyQt, is very well documented, and it comes with a LGPL license which, for all intents and purposes, means you can use it for free even for commercial apps. Check it out if you are still interested.