Hey! It looks like Tough Mudder, obstacle challenge course, is coming to Seattle area in October 5-6, 2013. I signed up on their webpage toughmudder.com to be a volunteer for Oct. 5th, 2013. If you are interested in coming too, check out their site and self-register on their site as a volunteer. Looks like it will be a crazy party with fun people!
Shifts are assigned via Tough Mudder.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Give mohawks and mullets to our insane participants
- Pump the crowd up at the start-line
- Make sure the mud is just the right consistency
- Keep the ice pits freezing cold
- Man the hydration stations
- Help at registration
- Put hard-earned headbands on Mudders at the finish line
- Hand out tshirts & partner products in the finish chute
Some Saturday volunteers even sack-up and run the course on Sunday (at a discounted rate, of course). It’s a pretty awesome club and membership is free, or less-than-free since you get cool stuff like t-shirts.
All Volunteers receive:
- Front-row seats to the best action in the house
- Don’t have to pay ($20 spectator fee)
- Free Tough Mudder Staff t-shirt
- Free breakfast or lunch
- One free beer ticket (if 21+, yeah, those laws even apply at Tough Mudder)
- Free access to the Dos Equis Post-Party with great live music
- Discounted participant entry for the next day ($60)
- The opportunity to ensure the safety of inspiring participants who are giving 110%
So to sum up: Cool t-shirt, food, mud, beer, rockin’ band, party, and real responsibility – sound like fun? Hell yeah it is! 90% of the volunteers at every event said they would do it again.