San Diego Pug Club Message Board › Suggestions for healthy pug snacks!

Suggestions for healthy pug snacks!

Margo S.
user 74257732
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
I currently give my Buddy carrots. And sometimes banana chips ( very very small pieces a time) he loves green beans even water melon! Wht do think ? Are these good or should try something else?
Dan C.
Dan_In_SD
San Diego, CA
Post #: 28
My pug also enjoys carrots. Salmon and tuna are his favorite treats though. My other 2 dogs like watermelon, but my pug isn't quite sure about it, although he does like to lick it.
Christie
user 74646362
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I've been looking up healthy treats too. Apples, pears, banana and mango are great treats for dogs. My Mina loves bananas!
Mark H.
marktshark
San Diego, CA
Post #: 6
Yes I agree, bananas, apples, fruits although I have been told that grapes are good for dogs, mine love them. I also give them anything I eat such as rice, tidbits of meat, fish, veggies, yogurt. Pugs are not picky eaters and I cannot leave food out for them to self-regulate, as they would eat until they physically couldn't hold any more!
Be careful with ribs, I don't eat ribs often at all but they love the bones more than anything but you must get the big ones so that they can't break or swallow them. Bones are never recommended by vets or so called "experts" but my pugs love them and extremely healthy. My last pug lived to the ripe age of 94 in dog years and his monthly treat was a beef rib.
Diane C.
purplediane
San Diego, CA
Post #: 32
Do not feed grapes or raisins to dogs. They can cause kidney failure. Here is the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.o...­
jen
user 73379852
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
tipsy loves baby carrots, cooked carrots, watermelon, and of course ham (in small portions though :p )..... i have thought about baking her treats too. do any of you do that? if so, what do you use?