addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego Pug Club Message Board › HELP: Female pug puppy (runny/wet poop question)

HELP: Female pug puppy (runny/wet poop question)

Mama
user 86555372
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
My 9 week old female pug's butt sticks out and her poop is also runny/wet... Is that normal? I have a 10 and a half week old male pug and when he was 9 weeks old he did not have this runny/wet poop problem. His poop was normal and firm. I was wondering if it's normal for females to have these things happening to them.
Dan C.
Dan_In_SD
San Diego, CA
Post #: 31
What diet do you have her on, is she eating solid food? Try giving her white rice with a small amount of boiled chicken pieces mixed in if so. The food you are giving her could be too rich.
Mama
user 86555372
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
I'm giving her as well as my male pug puppy Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Original food. Seems like the male pug has no problem w/ it, but I have seen just a slight change in her poop. It's gotten slightly better, less runny. Will see in a couple of days if anything else changes. If not I will see to a change in her diet.

Thanks for your input, Dan_In_SD.
Alison Jerry Ringo...
PugPark
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 52
Has she had all of her shots and dewormers? Perhaps there is a parasite that is causing trouble. A fecal test would provide definitive answers.
Mama
user 86555372
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
Yes, she's been dewormed and has gotten her first set of shots. Will get her checked if problem continues w/in the next few days.
Liza A.
user 37522632
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
My 2 year old pug just recently had this problem.
I read online to try feeding him white rice and cooked chicken
and I also bought him an anti diarrhea medicine from Petsmart
I tried both and 2 days
Later his stool was back to normal.
Mama
user 86555372
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
I think she just needed a change in diet. Yesterday, instead of giving her the Iams puppy food I gave her Natural Balance (dry food). Her poop changed overnight and was pretty firm, so hopefully change in diet will resolve this problem.

If it doesn't get better I will look into your suggestions, thanks everyone.