San Diego Pug Club Message Board › Pug with an itchy butt?

Pug with an itchy butt?

A former member
Post #: 71
My pug has started rubbing her butt on the carpet.
We had her checked for worms. Negative.
We took her to the groomer to have her anal glands expressed. Didn't help.
Any one have any ideas why she's doing this? I've run out of possible reasons.

She doesn't scoot on the floor on her butt, she sits on her but and twirls in circles.
It's actually pretty cute...
A former member
Post #: 9
When we first got our little boy, he would do this thing where he would sit on the ground and wiggle his butt back and forth. of course my immediate concern was that he had worms or his anal glands were full, but the breeder and our vet told us that he was essentially masturbating!
This was when he was a puppy and still had his testicles, but I guess it could still feel good for a female too. tongue
A former member
Post #: 22
PugDog does this too but it is because he can not bend far enough to scratch the base of his tail. He isn't trying to scratch his butt as it may appear but to scratch the fold of skin on his back directly at the base of his tail. Maybe Little Boy is doing this for the same reason. I use Malaseb Pledgets to clean his skin folds and prevent any yeast or bacterial growths that can cause itching and this has helped. I also take care that he keeps cool. p.s. pug is fixed and this activity did not give him any "visible signs" of excitement. *wink wink*
A former member
Post #: 1
Jade does the same. She is 8 years old and it comes and goes. No worms and anal glands have been expressed. Our Vet said that it can be an allergy or dominance. Hope this helps.