San Diego Pug Club Message Board › STATUS OF OUR MEETUP GROUP

STATUS OF OUR MEETUP GROUP

A former member
Post #: 362
HI Everyone. I'm sure everyone got a notice that our organizers stepped down and we were left without an organizer. Anne has temporarily agreed to be organizer however she will be putting out an appeal for someone else to take over permanently. A few of us will be working on coordinating the Halloween meetup for October 30th. Please mark your calendars for this date. Anne is one of our wonderful volunteers for Pug Rescue so she is a very busy lady. Please be patient as she works with us on keep our group together.

Thank you Anne (& Robert too) for all you do!!
A former member
Post #: 27
Oh no!

I will definitely think about stepping up.

If I failed to inform everyone, PugDog did not survive his cancer and the complications. But, thank you to everyone for your support during one of the most difficult times in my life.

Fate just dropped another pug into my lap. A pug puppy and his shitzu buddy followed my son home a few weeks ago. Both were in bad shape. I took them to the animal shelter and asked that they require the pair be adopted together since they obviously were extremely attached. But, animal control does not do that so I agreed to adopt both so that they would not be separated.

The pair were in the shelter for 14 days (medical holds and surgery) then we brought them home and all fell in love.

Today the former owners found us and got nasty. They want the pups back. I know that they have no legal rights but I am not a monster so I said that if they could tell me what vet they had used to get the pups their shots or checkups then I would talk. I said this because I am sure neither had ever been to a vet nor had the former owners made a real attempt to find the dogs - there were no posters, we checked - the dogs had no microchips - both had terrible fleas and worm infestations, etc.

Now I am very scared that they will try to steal the dogs back. I hate keeping them inside all the time but I can't stand the thought of losing them to people who will not properly care for them.

Anyway, if this all blows over, I will be seeing you all at the next meetup and I will consider being more involved in the administration of the group.

Regards,

Julie
A former member
Post #: 366
Hi Julie. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard to tried to get him just the right care for his cancer. Sounds like someone was calling him to the Rainbow Bridge.

See you at a meetup soon.

Vivian