Tucson Pug Meetup Message Board › Need advice with acclimating pugs to Arizona

Need advice with acclimating pugs to Arizona

Rachel M.
user 59968132
Jacksonville, AR
Post #: 2
We moved here three days ago. I have a black boy pug and a fawn female. Our back yard is not landscaped so it is hard dirt right now and that's it. At first my dogs didn't seem to enjoy being outside as much as the normally do, but I assumed it was because of the heat. Now that day 3 is almost over it is clear that they hate going potty out back. They're both holding it as long as they can and one of them has regressed to having accidents indoors. I have them trained to ring a bell on the back door to alert me when they need to go potty but neither is ringing it anymore. I'm starting to become concerned. I bought them some booties in case the dirt was too hot or uncomfortable for them to walk on but my boy refused to let me put them on and they fell off my girl. They're used to having grass and we were thinking about getting turf, however we have not budgeted for that endeavor to take place in the near future. Any advice would be appreciated!