Help us warn the public about our nation's largest retailer, Petland.
Signs: We will have plenty of signs to hold.
Contact: Pam Sordyl[masked]
Parking: Park in the back of Denny's lot.
1) Do not go into the store, before, during or after the protest. If you choose to protest, you can no longer go into the store to check anything out on any day.
2) Do not walk or park in the mall lot. We have to stay on public property. If you cut across the mall property, keep your sign down and make a straight line approach. For this protest we will not need to cut across the mall property. The easement is approximately 20 feet from the road.
3) Do not stand too close to the entrance.
4) Do not block the view of vehicles pulling out of the mall.
5) Do not interrupt the flow of traffic. If cars stop, make sure they pull around to our parking area and keep moving.
6) Please do not bring your dog. We do not recommend having animals at protests that are near traffic and subject to potentially bad weather.
Join our Petland Novi Boycott Facebook
Petland: There is only one Petland store remaining in Michigan, located at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi. Local activists from the Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup have been calling on the store to stop supporting puppy mills and start supporting rescue. Protests began after Channel 7 exposed this store for selling a sick puppy. Heather Catello from the Investigators came back again in 2009 after another sick dog was reported. Puppy Mill Awareness came out too armed with signs. Like all campaigns, we did meet with Mall management to show our concerns. We wrote letters to the store owner and exhausted all opportunities to negotiate a better contribution to the community. Approximately 100 peaceful demonstrations have been held. These demonstrations and public education campaigns have helped shut down other Petland stores in the state. The stores don't have to close -- they can choose to stop selling puppies and instead work with local rescue groups to promote adoption, as several other Petland stores around the country have done.
The above photo was taken at Shauna & Robert Engelken's kennel in Seneca, KS a supplier to Petland Novi.