We have asked Shaggy Dog Puppies to stop selling puppies since 2009. The owner, Donna Corbett, stated that she works with breeders who have only two breeding dogs and purchases from one USDA licensed commercial kennel in St. Clair county with 122 dogs on occasion. We feel that the store is not being honest about their breeder relationships and they refuse to provide us with a list.
What is Shaggy Dog hiding?
Join us for more protests to show the store we think it is time to change to adoptions only. We need to educate the neighborhood that this store is no different than any other puppy selling store.
Signs: We will have plenty of signs to hold.
Parking: Along Speedway Drive, located across from the pet store.
Contact: Pam Sordyl[masked]
1) Do not go into the store, before, during or after the rally. If you choose to protest, you can no longer go into the store to check anything out on any day.
2) Do not walk or park in the plaza lot. We have to stay on public property.
3) Do not stand too close to the entrance.
4) Do not block the view of vehicles pulling out of the plaza.
5) Do not interrupt the flow of traffic. If cars stop, make sure they pull around to our parking area and keep moving.
6) If it looks like rain, find some clear plastic bags for your sign. I use clear drop cloth from Home Depot.
7) You may bring your dog, but we do not recommend having animals at protest that are near traffic and subject to potentially bad weather.