|Sent on:||Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:04 PM|
New and experienced animal advocates
came together in Howell!
Last night we had almost 30 people join our workshop
in Howell! I know many of you advocate for more than
dogs, so I thought I would pass on the links Jill provided
to the attendees. Also you may want to take a look at
the one pager listing all the current animal legislation
and who we need to contact. More workshop photos.
Link to Legislative Summary
Sent: Tuesday, September 11,[masked]:01 PM
[b]Subject: Thank you for attending Effective Animal
Advocacy in Howell![/b]
Thank you to everyone for attending our Effective Animal
Advocacy workshop in Howell on Monday. It was so great
to meet all of you! Here is more info on the issues we talked
• To learn more about how you can help pass “Grant’s Bills”
to end gas chamber euthanasia in Michigan, visit Michiganders
for Shelter Pets at
• To learn more about the “Puppy Protection Act,” visit Michigan
Humane Society’s website at
• And be sure to join the Pups Parade during Puppy Mill Awareness
Day in Lansing on Sept. 25; more at
• Here’s a link to the video of pet photos for Sen. Hune that we
played last night:
• To learn how you can help save Michigan’s mute swans,
• Here’s our action alert on the bill to add wolves to the list of
game species in Michigan:
• For more tips on advocating for animals at the state legislature
and in Congress, check out our Advocate Toolkit at
• Finally, if you’re on Facebook, please “like” the group pages for HSUS/Michigan, Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan, Voiceless-MI, and Michiganders for Shelter Pets to get the latest updates.
We’ll stay in touch, but in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thanks again!