Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › Paws Rescue (Genesee County)

Paws Rescue (Genesee County)

Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,411
Subjectt: Horrific Experience for Glenda Beatty of PAWS. New Genesee Co. ACO Needs to be Fired for this! Eileen

On Wednesday afternoon about 1:30 Animal Control showed up at my place with police officers from two cities. They had a warrant that said they could take all of the animals at my place. The warrant was based on the affadavit of a former dog trainer contract worker that has worked at PAWS for about one and half years. She gave sworn testimony that all of the animals were not being taken care of. She said the place was filthy, overun with rodents and no circulation or sanatation. She described the dogs as being in poor shape and she also said there were 3 ponies tied in my back field. Keep in mind that we thought this person loved animals and also loved PAWS Rescue. She had quit the previous week after her and I got into a heated argument. So she took it upon herself to get even.

Animal Control never investigated any of the claims, instead they went to court and got an order saying take the dogs. Before they arrested me and put me in jail for locking my doors and not letting them in, I was able to call our attorney Richard Angelo and one of our volunteers. Richard was about 1 hour away but came down I69 at about 100 miles an hour. Roberta was able to call our volunteers and they intern called others. Our volunteers started showing up at my place, and within 1/2 hours there were numerous cars parked out in front of my house along with 6 AC vans and at least 4 police cars. Many of our volunteers left their work places to com to the aid of the animals. I was not able to see too much as I was sitting in the back of a police car handcuffed. I was released from jail about 6 pm that evening thanks to another attorney Fred Meirs.

We are eternely grateful that AC brought along their veterinarian, Dr. Michlle Kohn. She then went about the task of inspecting every animal at my place. She found nothing wrong with any of the dogs or cats, things were not dirty, there was no rodents running around and there were no ponies tied in the back field.

From the story that I have heard, Clayton Twp. police officers then refused to take part in hauling away all of my animals, even my own personal dogs. AC wanted to take them anyway. I was sitting in a jail cell at the Genesee County jail and all I could think was they were taking my dogs. It was probably the most frightening experience I have ever known. I have some very old dogs as well as the little puppies in the barn and they would not have made it at AC.

The best thing is tht the only thing they could find was improper zoning. We are working on this issue.
Below I have listed the names of the Genesee County Commisioners that should be contacted to complain about the abuse of power and the waste of tax payer money. If you can call these commissoners and voice your complaints. Also write a letter to the Flint Journal letting them know that you are not happy with targeting reputable rescues and ignoring so many cases of animal abuse and dog fighting.
Thanks very much, PAWS will appreciate your help.