addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › PAWS Total Pet Studio is for Sale

PAWS Total Pet Studio is for Sale

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 95
Just posted today, PAWS wants out of the Pet Store business!!

I wonder if our parade and suspicious locals have put the pressure on them. Or maybe it was that lawsuit, or maybe too many complaints and vet bills from their kenneling operations. After reading her articles in the paper, I am sure her customer service skills didn't help much.

I sure hope no one is interested in buying this store. Maybe we should demonstrate on the sidewalk to deter any potentials :)

http://www.hoobly.com...­

Thanks Pam for the lead!!

K
user 8926563
Northville, MI
Post #: 1
Posted on January 28th....Sale of the store is now @ $20K

Terrible business practices & ethics.....would not recommend this pet store to anyone. Now when you go by their store, there is a sign in the window that states "We're not closing, We're moving"....maybe moving out of the business to avoid all the headaches they've created!
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 101
Thanks for the update.

I heard they had a sign in the window, but I was wondering if they had actually "moved out". Boy, if we could have a move date, I would love to watch. Well, I would love to, but I probably wouldn't. I am just satisfied with the fact they "decided to get out of the business". That says a lot in itself. If they said it was the economy, I wouldn't have enjoyed the satisfaction that they were frustrated with it.

If a new owner is going to attempt to continue on, we will just have to have some demonstrations. We have double the members since our last one. Note, many are right in Northville!!!

I do believe the folks in the city offices and Planning Commission are well aware of the "Pet Store" link to puppy mills. No exceptions. We shared our evidence with the city and other business owners last August on Puppy Mill Awareness Day. The Champines did go to Missouri to pick up some Cavaliver Kings from an unreputable breeder. As a matter of fact, the Missouri Humane Society was just on Oprah yesterday sharing their puppy mill probably with the world. Any Pet Store dealing with a breeder in Missouri with kennels is not likely a good breeder.

Lets also hope they aren't opening up shop in another city of state. Will be following it.

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 110
From the City

I know they moved, the store front is totally vacant. I haven't heard if they plan to re-open somewhere else or under a different name. I'm sure something will come out in the future. I will shoot you an email if I happen to hear something.....on a side note; our Building Official just adopted two Pugs from the Pug Rescue ( I guess they were from a Kentucky puppy mill), anyway, he named them Lucy and Ethel. Thought you'd like that one!