Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › Responses to Lobby Day

Responses to Lobby Day

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 139
Here is a response from Michael Bishop's Office:

It was a pleasure to meet with your group. On a personal note, this is an issue I am really passionate about as well and would love to get involved with any outreach you do for these animals.

We are currently on legislative break, but I am working with our legislative staff to get you some analysis on what the future of these bills is, etc. I was able to share the calendar with Senator Bishop and other members of our staff, and they all enjoyed it although it was very heartbreaking.

Take Care,

Lauren
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 140
Did anyone else followup with their representatives? Any replies? My district rep actually called me. They missed my meeting (but I met with their staff) and had read my email outlining our issues regarding pet stores and puppy mills. I plan to meet with them one on one once the bill is introduced.

Some reps will come to your area if you can not make their designatived District Hours. So don't think you have to go to Lansing to meet with them face to face. I recommend trying to make it to their "District Hours". They may call them something else, like Marc invited everyone for Coffee last month.
A former member
Post #: 1,387
I got a similar response from Lauren. She said she'll keep me updated.