I work at Cox Media Group here in Atlanta, and we've got some new positions in our engineering group for systems-minded developers who enjoy automating everything they can :-)
Why are we posting to PyATL -- we're almost done moving to a 100% Python and Django platform for our products so we're looking for folks who understand the Python Web stack and its interaction with the other non-Python parts (web servers, message queues, etc). So we want someone who's as comfortable writing fabric scripts and automating virtualenv creation as they are setting up an init.d script.
Here's some more details:
Are you :
- Passionate about DevOps?
- Pretty damn good at Linux?
- Interesting in building and maintaining highly visible web sites?
Do you :
- Love playing with new and exciting technology (as a career and in your spare time?)
- Love uptime?
- Want to work in downtown Atlanta?
- Want to work with really, really, really smart people?
- Believe in Infrastructure as Code?
- Want to transform the media industry?
If the above items describe you, WE WANT YOU!!!
Cox Media Group is looking for devops folks and a manager for our team of really bright systems engineers. This team is responsible for maintaining service 24/7/365 where the standard is near 100% uptime and fast performance for all Cox Media websites and associated systems. The team is also responsible for maintaining physical infrastructure and supporting all the phases of the development and production cycle.
If you'd like to learn more please contact Johnny Preyer ( Johnny.Preyer at coxinc.com) or Amy Zimmerman ( amy at atozhrsolutions.com)
Edited by Chris on Sep 12, 2011 6:10 PM