addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PyAtl: Atlanta Python Programmers Message Board PyAtl Job Listings › INTERVIEW: Python has "arrived" in the mainstream

INTERVIEW: Python has "arrived" in the mainstream

A former member
Post #: 11
http://www.pythonthre...­

Written by Content Team
Thursday, 10 November 2005
Page 1 of 4

David Ascher is the Chief Technologist and Managing Director for ActiveState, he is also a director of the Python Software Foundation.

PythonThreads >> Q. Hi David. Could you please introduce yourself?
David Ascher >> My name is David Ascher. I'm the Chief Technologist and Managing Director for ActiveState, and also serve on the board of directors of the Python Software Foundation. I've been working on Python since about 1995, and have co-authored two books on Python, Learning Python and the Python Cookbook. I've also spent a fair bit of time in the scientific computating world, in particular with Numeric Python and PyOpenGL.

FOLLOW URL LISTED ABOVE FOR COMPLETE INTERVIEW