PyAtl: Atlanta Python Programmers Message Board › Seeking Python Developer

Seeking Python Developer

Amy L.
user 13074509
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
I am working on a very cool startup related to TV everywhere and am seeking a Python developer for a Contract to perm position. The project is fully funded and we hope to launch in the next 2 Months. This position is for someone looking to take a leadership role as the business grows. I am not a recruiter so forgive me if i don't have all the right position info available. Happy to discuss anytime. Let me know if you are interested, Amy (amyamylloyd@gmail.com).

Position Description:
Seeking an experienced developer for a 3 – 6mos contract for web application development for local area startup (office in Buckhead). You will work closely with visual designers, UX designers, Front End developers and other software engineers bring and exciting new web web business to life.

Qualifications: Requirements:
• 4+ years experience using one of the following languages: Python, Go, Ruby or Java.
• 4+ years experience with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.
• 1+ years experience writing web applications using a modern web stack (Django, Express, Rails, Sinatra)
• 4+ years experience with SQL Databases (MySQL, postgres, Oracle, other)

• Leadership experience taking a project from concept to launch.
• Solid background in a web framework / MVC
• Javascript and jQuery.
• Experience both leveraging and implementing RESTful web services.
• Database design and architecture.

Responsibilities of the role include:
• Lead transition from 3rd-party development team to internal team.
• Developing rapid prototype concepts and gathering feedback metrics.
• Working closely with leadership and product strategy teams.
• Evaluating technology alternatives and recommending design improvements