PyAtl: Atlanta Python Programmers Message Board › SIG Group suggestions?

SIG Group suggestions?

A former member
Post #: 2
Anyone have idea's for stuff they'd like to meet about. Here are some that I'd like:

Packaging python programs for commercial distribution (exe's, using weave on consumer's computers that don't have compilers installed, integration with Innosoft or other installers, quick and dirty console programs that don't look like dos programs, gui builders, cross platform exe builders).

A Python Windows Integration Platform (COM objects for common programs such as MS Office, Open Office, Adobe, Quickbooks. Integration into windows services. Working with the sub-par multi-process functions for windows. Controlling networking/other devices in windows)

Python on Embedded and other constrained systems (Python on iPhone. Cocca+python on iphone. Cross Compiling python, GumStix python. Buildroot python. Pyrex for non-extension related usages. Cutting down memory footprint and tweaking the GC/VM to lesson memory load)
A former member
Post #: 62
Michael,

I am interested in section 1 and section 3. It might be cool to have this discussion on the pyatl google group mailing list too. on the iPhone + Cocoa subject, Mark Jones and I have already discussed meeting about this, so looks like we have 3 interested people.

Noah
A former member
Post #: 3
What's the email for the list? I'll send it there...all I know of is the announce part and the book club.

--Michael
A former member
Post #: 63
Here is the google group:

http://groups.google....­