PyAtl: Atlanta Python Programmers Message Board › Permanent position with a company near Cumberland Mall
|A former member||
Python Developer for a permanent position with a company near Cumberland Mall. Salary is open.
They're looking for someone that has worked on large scale software project teams, defining/refining or implementation of product and engineering requirements for large scale projects, 10+ years object oriented software development or 10+ field service engineering.
IP networking with detailed knowledge of major protocols, experience with major network or data center management systems, SAN/NAS experience would be a plus.
About the Job
The Product Integration Engineer position is a customer facing role, responsible for providing customers with solutions design and in-depth support on the implementation and integration of the company's DynaCenter server imaging software. The Product Integration Engineer participates in all technical aspects of the product implementation, including solution design, software engineering, functional and product integration testing, OEM system integration, and third-level customer support.
Company is currently seeking highly skilled Python software engineers with experience in data center virtualization platforms, Windows 200x Server, Linux and Unix. Knowledge of data center operations and management systems is highly desired.
DynaCenter is a next-generation server imaging and migration technology, delivering the broadest platform support and price performance in the industry. DynaCenter has built-in support for physical and virtual migration, image capture and deployment across dissimilar hardware and hypervisors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
* Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Five years IT industry experience.
* Experience in software engineering, solution design and systems integration.
* Experience in Python software development.
* Experience with data center virtualization platforms specifically including VMware ,Xen and Hyper-V.
* Experience in product development and strong technical knowledge of at least two of Linux, UNIX (AIX, Solaris), and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
* Understanding of data center architecture and infrastructure management.
* Experience providing third-level technical support directly to customers.
* Experience writing technical documents for external and internal audiences.
* Experience participating in large and complex project teams.
* Experience in product integration and testing, and willingness to directly contribute as needed in Quality Assurance projects.
* Knowledge of data center operations and management systems.
* Experience migrating applications to commercial or private cloud environments.
* Experience in Windows device driver development.
* Technology industry certification (e.g. CCNA, MSCE, RHCE, MCSD, CCIE, etc.)
You can contact the recruiter directly - Kelly Hubble