Just wanted to make folks aware of an opportunity at the company that I work at.
It is a QA position but we are working on writing a lot of test automation (and automated setup and analysis - and performance testing) using Python.
Contact me at lnordin(-at-)internap(-dot-)com
Here is the job description:
The Software Engineer for QA will participate in the quality assurance of Internap’s key technologies. This includes Intelligent Routing, Content Distribution Network (CDN), internal support tools and other new emerging technologies. The Software Engineer for QA will play a hands-on role in enhancing the quality of the software systems developed at Internap.
Areas of Responsibility and Focus include:
* Creation of test plans, test cases and test code
* Create test environments, run test cases, provide analysis
* Participate in Agile development processes
* Create QA infrastructure to provide test automation
* Provide testability requirements feedback to both Marketing and Development
Qualifications and Experience include:
* QA of service provider software for network operations, billing, customer support
* Both black box and white box testing (C++, Java)
* Appliance testing
* Regression testing, system testing, automation
* Traffic generation tools: Spirent, Iperf, Httperf, ...
* Databases: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, ...
* Networking: routers, switches, VLAN, SNMP, BGP, …
* BS Computer Science or Engineering or Physics degree required
* Must work well in a fast-paced development team
* Be able to work independently
* Be able to address operational issues in a timely manner
* C++, Java, Perl, Python
* Agile Development