|Sent on:||Saturday, August 3, 2013 1:42 PM|
I you have not already done so, please RSVP for our next meetup "Build Awesome Desktop Apps with Python (and why thats still cool)"
Here are the details :
Join us at the next Python meetup to discuss building desktop applications using Python. Leading the discussion will be Etasoft founder, Tad Vizbaras.
His talk will cover the following :
1. Desktop vs. Web Apps. Why do we sometimes still need desktop apps?
2. Why Python? Why use Python for desktop apps?
3. Overview of some of GUI toolkits and libraries. wxPython, Kivy, PyQt, Tkinter.
4. Why wxPython?
5. Browser page execution vs. desktop app execution.
6. Relationship between Python program, wxPython, wxWidgets and OS.
7. Components (widgets) and how to use them. HTML forms vs. GUI widgets.
8. Main window, dialog screens and layouts. Basic design priciples.
9. Rapid GUI development tools. GUI Editors. Intro into wxFormBuilder.
10. Deployment, freezing, building binaries and creating installation.
11. Testing. Getting feedback from the clients. Internationalization.
12. Books and resources on wxPython.
About Tad :
Tad Vizbaras is a fellow member of the Miami Python Meetup group but works in Fort Lauderdale. There, he runs Etasoft.com, a software development company specializing in data translation and validation products. Their flagship products, Extreme Translator, Extreme Processing and EDI Validator products are the most comprehensive suite of tools for data translation and validation. He has over 10 years of experience with GUI and other software development. Tad otherwise enjoys chess and forex trading.