Copyright & Software
Presented by: Frank Siler (@fsiler)
Who cares about copyright? You should care because your decisions influence such factors as:
- How others can legally use your software.
- If your own projects become “infected” by a license you didn’t choose.
- Whether you must distribute source code if you distribute or even use software to serve up content.
- How others can use your photos on Flickr and other sources.
- Understanding how Wikipedia and other open references work.
- Whether you get sued for a LOT of money.
Frank will help us understand the basics of copyright and licensing and how it affects our lives and specifically our work as software developers.