addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Zurich Python User Group Message Board › Topics 2014

Topics 2014

Uche M.
umennel
Group Organizer
Zürich, CH
Post #: 3
The number of Python related projects is growing continously! Let's gather the most exciting topics for 2014.
Just use this discussion to suggest a topic you are interested in, or better, you would be willing to present!
After a few weeks, the topics you posted will be collected and scheduled for the next year.
Uche M.
umennel
Group Organizer
Zürich, CH
Post #: 4
César from Webrepublic AG: "There's a chance to host here the meetup for a second time. I can offer a presentation on Unit testing with Nose and Dependency Injection with Snake Guice."
Uche M.
umennel
Group Organizer
Zürich, CH
Post #: 5
I might talk about various ways to deploy/embed cPython, or ways to extend it.
I am greatly interested in PyPy.
Stefan K.
user 67204352
Zürich, CH
Post #: 2
I'm interested in discussing "PL/Python" i.e. Python embedded in PostgreSQL database.

And I propose to think about the participation of the Python User Group members in the forthcoming "Swiss Postgres Conference 2014", Di. 24. June at the HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil (die erste Konferenz in der Schweiz zum freien objektrelationalen Open Source Datenbanksystem): www.postgres-conference.ch­
ale r.
a.l.e
Zürich, CH
i can't suggest specific topics, but here are my interests:
+ desktop/mobile related (PyQt, ...)
+ web technologies
- data crunching
Cesar D.
ccdesales
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
César from Webrepublic AG: "There's a chance to host here the meetup for a second time. I can offer a presentation on Unit testing with Nose and Dependency Injection with Snake Guice."
I confirm that. Plus I would like to have someone give a talk on Cloud related topics: architecture, deployment, modules, tools, experiences...
A former member
Post #: 6
I could show a usage of https://pypi.python.o...­

I would be very interested in the PostgreSQL/Python talk mentioned above.
Martin G.
mgeisler
Zürich, CH
Post #: 3
I would also like to hear more about PyPy.

Also, I can talk about how you can use tox to simplify managing virtual environments. We can also do a talk about creating Python packages.
Cesar D.
ccdesales
Zürich, CH
I'd be willing to give a talk about Celery. The idea would be to cover in the talk topics ranging from basic to intermediate: architecture, common patterns, etc.

I've also been at EuroPython 2014 and attended some quite good talks, so another idea could be to stream the video of one of them in case there are not topics at hand.

Also, as a personal wish it would be awesome if we could get somebody to give a talk on Ansible.
tim
user 14216775
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
Since the whole Data Science topic is taking off especially in python, sth that might be of interest is machine learning with scikitlearn+integration with numpy and pandas+a little more scipy. There is some overlap with the talk on Sept 4th about pandas. I would be happy to give a talk regarding these topics.

COMMENT: i just read that one of the lead developers of scikit-learn gave a talk in the machine learning meetup (i missed that one). So i guess i cannot compete here, but i would give my best:)