QC Dinner Group is a welcoming foodie group in Charlotte which gathers a few times a month to try a new restaurant or to visit a favorite.
We make every effort to support locally-owned restaurants but we may stray to a unique chain once in a while. Some of our favorites include: Dish (Plaza/Midwood), Las Margaritas (East Charlotte), Savor Cafe (Uptown), Waldhorn (Pineville), Fiamma (Dilworth), Alexander Michael's (Uptown), Woodlands (East Charlotte), Greek Isles (Southend), Bistro La Bon (Plaza/Midwood), Chima (Uptown), Wan Fu (South Charlotte), Miro Spanish Grill (Stonecrest), The Cowfish (SouthPark), Vivace (Midtown), Cajun Queen (Elizabeth), Meskerem (Midtown), Carpe Diem (Elizabeth), Deejai (Eastover/Myers Park)
We meet 2-3 times per month except around the winter holidays and typically on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when restaurants are less busy. Our events are limited to 8-12 people to keep dinners more personable.
We try to stay in the following areas for our dinners: Uptown, Dilworth, Plaza/Midwood, NoDa, Southend, South Charlotte, Ballantyne, University area, East Charlotte. Previous dinners in the Huntersville and north Charlotte areas have been poorly attended and we no longer schedule dinners in those areas.
While QC Dinner Group welcomes adults of all ages and backgrounds, typically, the typical age range for our dinners is 30's to 50's. We are also LGBT-friendly and a group that welcomes diversity.
Membership Policies *** PLEASE READ ***:
- QC Dinner Group requires a current and clear face picture already on your profile in order to join our group. This helps us identify any newcomers to our events and also helps to prevent no-shows to our events.
- QC Dinner Group membership is for reliable people who take RSVPs seriously. If you RSVP for a dinner you are expected to be there. If your plans change you are expected to update your RSVP indicating you cannot attend to allow others who are interested the opportunity to take your place. If you have to cancel at the last minute, please have the courtesy to contact the meetup organizer so they know not to expect you.
- By joining QC Dinner Group, you understand we have a 3 strikes and you are out no-show policy which is common with other meetup groups. Your first no-show is marked as such and there will be no questions asked since we realize sometimes things come up at the last minute. Your 2nd no-show will be followed up with a reminder to update your RSVP and a reminder that your 3rd no-show will result in removal from the group.
- Lateness policy: For meetups at restaurants that do not take reservations and the restaurant requests that all of the party is seated at the same time, we will wait 15 minutes until we are seated. If you are not at the restaurant within 15 minutes and have not contacted the meetup organizer, we will assume you are a no-show. Additionally, we typically order our meals approximately 20 minutes after being seated.
- QC Dinner Group uses a manual waiting list for dinners. This means that although a member may be put on a waiting list, when a space opens up, an email will be sent to everyone on the waiting list and the first one to respond will get the spot. We have found this process works better for our group than the automatic waiting list since personal schedules may change from the time someone RSVPs to the time a spot becomes available.
- Members must attend at least one dinner per year or will be removed from the group.
- QC Dinner Group offers a voluntary membership fee of $10/annually to help cover costs associated with running this group. Members who pay the voluntary fee receive early RSVP access to dinners as well as invitations to Paid member only events. Please contactthe organizer if you'd like to make a donation. You can pay through WePay but the group only receives $8.75 of this fee.
- QC Dinner Group reserves the right to update these policies at any time and for any reason. We also reserve the right to remove members from the group at any time.
QC Dinner Group is a fun and welcoming group but recent no-shows on events have forced us to become strict in membership policies. The general rule is...if you are reliable, you shouldn't have any problem and we'll look forward to seeing you again!
We hope to see you at an upcoming event.