Re: [qldjvm] Melbourne and Sydney contracts

From: Warwick H.
Sent on: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:49 PM
Sounds nice. A good balance.

On 26 April[masked]:47, Steve Dalton <[address removed]> wrote:
Hi Warwick

I think for the moment what I might do is setup a FORUM on the meetup
group that we can post jobs and also our availability if we are
looking for work.

The forums would be strictly Peer-to-Peer - you need to be a COMPANY
offering a job, or a DEVELOPER looking for a job. If recruiters want
to post stuff they will have to step forward and sponsor some
meetups... no freebies for them.

If we find there are a lot of jobs going on there - I might do a
monthly summary email to the list of what's happening on there, just
for people that aren't actively checking the forum and new people that
join and are not aware of it's existence.

Any objections to this?

Steve

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Warwick Hunter <[address removed]> wrote:
> Sorry, I should have written "very QLD focused".
>
>
> On 26 April[masked]:39, Warwick Hunter <[address removed]> wrote:
>>
>> I think this list could be valuable for recruiting. It's very Gold Coast
>> focus which would suit me well. I hope to be in a position to offer some
>> jobs ads for my company in the near future and I would like to be able to
>> circulate those ads on this list as well as the other usual channels.
>>
>> However, if others hate the idea of this being used sparingly as a
>> recruitment channel I will respect that.
>>
>> BTW I am a developer and not a recruiter.
>>
>>
>> On 26 April[masked]:34, Steve Dalton <[address removed]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Stephen
>>>
>>> By mailing to this list I think you just did.
>>>
>>> I'm also looking a similar person on the Gold Coast. It's seems a  bit
>>> difficult to find good people at the moment.
>>>
>>> With the LNP government coming in and applying the razor to everything
>>> there does seem to be a flood of contractors coming onto market. I'm
>>> hoping the good ones will come along to qldjvm meetup to network.
>>>
>>> I don't want to turn this list into a recruitment frenzy - but does
>>> anyone object to a little Peer-to-Peer recruitment? Maybe we keep it
>>> off list and ask all those looking for work or those needing people
>>> stay behind at the end of each meeting and have a little huddle and
>>> see if there are some common skills/needs.
>>>
>>> Or I could setup a jobs forum on the meetup site if that works.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Stephen Grealy <[address removed]>
>>> wrote:
>>> > Hi Steve,
>>> >
>>> > I am looking for a Java Developer that has experience in converting
>>> > java to
>>> > HTML5. I have a project.
>>> > Can you please get the word out. Prefer if they were in Brisbane.
>>> >
>>> > Regards,
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Stephen
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Steve Dalton <[address removed]>
>>> > wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> Hi All
>>> >>
>>> >> Just wondered if anyone is interested in a Java contract down in
>>> >> Sydney or Melbourne? I know of some nice Java developer roles coming
>>> >> up - I don't have a proper job spec at the moment, all I was told was
>>> >> "Java, HTML5 & Javascript" - but if you are remotely interested please
>>> >> drop me a mail. It's with a financial institution so the rates are
>>> >> good - I have worked with the product owner before so can vouch for
>>> >> them.
>>> >>
>>> >> If you're in my 1st or 2nd degree you get extra credit - although
>>> >> happy to consider anyone with the skills (remember Brisbane is a small
>>> >> town - I will probably know you somehow anyway!)
>>> >>
>>> >> No recruiters please.
>>> >>
>>> >> I hope to get some of the work up to QLD at some point, but for the
>>> >> moment it's strictly bums-on-seats in Syd/Mel. Feel free to pass on to
>>> >> anyone you know.
>>> >>
>>> >> Steve
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> Refactor. Engage | Succeed | Repeat
>>> >> tel: +61 [masked]
>>> >> mob: +61 [masked]
>>> >> web: refactor.com.au
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone
>>> >> on
>>> >> this mailing list ([address removed])
>>> >> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/
>>> >> This message was sent by Steve Dalton ([address removed]) from
>>> >> Queensland JVM Group.
>>> >> To learn more about Steve Dalton, visit his/her member profile:
>>> >> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/members/3776561/
>>> >> Set my mailing list to email me
>>> >>
>>> >> As they are sent
>>> >> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=1
>>> >>
>>> >> In one daily email
>>> >> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=2
>>> >>
>>> >> Don't send me mailing list messages
>>> >> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=0
>>> >> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] |
>>> >> [address removed]
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone
>>> > on
>>> > this mailing list ([address removed])
>>> > This message was sent by Stephen Grealy ([address removed]) from
>>> > Queensland
>>> > JVM Group.
>>> > To learn more about Stephen Grealy, visit his/her member profile
>>> > Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email |
>>> > Don't send me mailing list messages
>>> >
>>> > Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] |
>>> > [address removed]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Refactor. Engage | Succeed | Repeat
>>> tel: +61 [masked]
>>> mob: +61 [masked]
>>> web: refactor.com.au
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
>>> this mailing list ([address removed])
>>> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/
>>> This message was sent by Steve Dalton ([address removed]) from
>>> Queensland JVM Group.
>>> To learn more about Steve Dalton, visit his/her member profile:
>>> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/members/3776561/
>>> Set my mailing list to email me
>>>
>>> As they are sent
>>> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=1
>>>
>>> In one daily email
>>> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=2
>>>
>>> Don't send me mailing list messages
>>> http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=0
>>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] |
>>> [address removed]
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Warwick Hunter
>> K1300S m: [masked] skype: warwickhunter
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Warwick Hunter
> K1300S m: [masked] skype: warwickhunter
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on
> this mailing list ([address removed])
> This message was sent by Warwick Hunter ([address removed]) from
> Queensland JVM Group.
> To learn more about Warwick Hunter, visit his/her member profile
> Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email |
> Don't send me mailing list messages
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] |
> [address removed]



--
Refactor. Engage | Succeed | Repeat
tel: +61 [masked]
mob: +61 [masked]
web: refactor.com.au



--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/
This message was sent by Steve Dalton ([address removed]) from Queensland JVM Group.
To learn more about Steve Dalton, visit his/her member profile: http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/members/3776561/
Set my mailing list to email me

As they are sent
http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=1

In one daily email
http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=2

Don't send me mailing list messages
http://www.meetup.com/qldjvm/list_prefs/?pref=0
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]




--
Warwick Hunter
K1300S m: [masked] skype: warwickhunter

Our Sponsors

  • Redhat

    Brisbane Lunchtime Meetup

  • Oracle

    Brisbane Evening Meetup

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy