Hi fellow QS-ers!
We are thrilled to announce our next QS Amsterdam meetup, our anniversary 10th edition! It's happening soon: Monday March 17 19:00, at the awesome new space of FreedomLab Campus (thanks!) in Amsterdam (Plantage Middenlaan 62).
The program will allow you to meet QS community, talk about your personal tracking project and see and hear great Show & Tell stories of our speakers!
Doors open: 19:00, start of the program: 19:30. We'll probably end around 21:30 with drinks. Seating is limited, so be sure to RSVP in time. And if somehow you might not be able to make it in time, please change your RSVP in time so someone else might come!
- Joris Janssen / @jorishjanssen (senior researcher Sense Observations Systems) will talk about self-determination theory (SDT) and how to implement this in a platform to reactivate people with depression using smartphone-based sleep, activity, and movement tracking
- Renato Valdés Olmos / @renn (co-founder Human.co) talks about the journey to build an iPhone based activity tracking platform, their ideas and what he sees as the challenges moving forward.
- Ellen de Lange-Ros / @ellenfaxion explains how she is using Lift as a platform for personal motivation, but also to keep her business moving.
- Bruno van den Elshout / @photologix (independent artist) photographed the North Sea horizon at every hour of the year 2012 for his project New Horizons. 8785 views into the exact same infinity.
- QS Amsterdam team / @qsams will give an overview of what is happening in the QS space: trends and challenges. We'll also look ahead to the upcoming QS Europe Conference!
2014 Quantified Self Europe Conference: register now!
Did you already register for the 2014 Quantified Self Europe Conference in Amsterdam (May 10-11)? It's our annual gathering of QS enthusiasts, self-trackers, toolmakers and others from around the world.
For those of you who've never been to a QS conference, you should definitely make it a point to attend! There is nothing quite like it. All kinds of people interested in self-tracking come together from all over the world to share and learn. There are always amazing show&tell talks, novel product demos, and insightful discussions.
As a QS meetup member, you can have a special code that allows access to the community registration price: €275. That is €175 off the regular ticket price €450). These tickets are limited, so if you want to use this discount please buy your ticket as soon as possible. To use the discount, go to the conference registration page and enter promotional code qseu14special.
Looking forward to seeing you all Monday 17!
Martijn, James, Joost, Yuri and Maarten
Quantified Self Amsterdam (@qsams / [masked])