addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Phoenix
user 8241774
Alameda, CA
Post #: 2
Does anyone own a Somapulse?
Nathan S.
user 15931821
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Yup. It's fantastic.
Bill S.
BillSchuller
Frisco, TX
Post #: 8
I do! It is great, but some folks I know recently ran into the engineer who created the Somapulse and his new product that is substantially lower cost. It's called the Alleva Wave (http://www.alleva-wav...­. One of the reasons it's lower cost is that it's marketed towards use in non-human animals. Here's the statement made on the site:

"Alleva-Wave technical specs, operation and performance are the exact same as the Magna Wave Jr. The Alleva-Wave and the SomaPulse are both manufactured by Micro-Pulse LLC. Alleva-Wave offers slightly different control settings and can generate 35% more healing power."

If you "become a member" of the site, they give you 50% off the retail price or $700. If you can find 4 other buyers, it gets knocked down to $550.

While I do use it for acute muscle or skeletal soreness and gut issues, I also use it to stimulate Mitochondria activity in general. I use it for 8-24 hours each day. During the day I either tuck one coil in each of my front or back pockets to hit my major leg/glute muscle groups. Sometimes during the day (like right now) and most often at night I stack the coils and tuck them in my waistband on my spine to stimulate the nervous system.

I find that it's most convenient to rely on compression garments to keep the coils where you want them rather than trying to do any sort of wrap.

Has anyone done any tracking around their Somapulse/Alleva Wave/Other PEMF device? I don't, but my causal observation is that it helps me sleep better and keeps me feeling loose.
Nathan S.
user 15931821
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Bill- For what duration and at what strength do you keep the coils on a) in your pockets, and b) tucked in your waistband on your spine?
Bill S.
BillSchuller
Frisco, TX
Post #: 9
My goal with these placements is general stimulation of my body to get back in sync with the natural rhythm of the earths background EMF. The spine placement is also an attempt to stimulate mitochondria activity in the central nervous system.

That said, I usually do not switch up the position through the day. I either start the day on the spine or in the front/back pockets. I use program "3" as the most recent word from the creators is that the "breaks" in the 1 and 2 programs make no difference. My rechargeable batteries last about 9-10 hours in program 3. Typically I'll start in the morning and switch the battery out when I get home from work. Depending on when I switch, I sometimes grab a fresh battery before I go to bed if I choose to use the device during sleep.

My protocol is pretty ad-hoc right now. I'm not tracking Somapulse usage at this time. So the short answer to your question is 8-24 hours a day in the spinal position, and because I don't have pockets at night I typically switch to a spinal position for sleep if I have been using pockets during the day. If at the end of the day I have muscle soreness, I will sometimes sleep with the coils in the problem area.