The Raleigh-Durham Portuguese Language Meetup Group Message Board › Let me introduce myself...

Let me introduce myself...

Sara H.
hardests
Clayton, NC
Hi everyone,
Kim is kindly allowing me to take over the group as she steps away to focus on her life.  Kim has put a lot of hard work into this group over the years, and we are all very appreciative of her efforts.  Muito obrigada, Kim!
My name is Sara, and my Portuguese is so-so.  I understand a bit more than I can actually speak from my study of French and Spanish, but I hope to improve it through practice with this group.  I was attracted to Portuguese not only because of my interest in other romance languages, and uma só língua nunca basta, but also because eu sou capoeirista.  That is to say, I play capoeira, a Brazilian martial art.  Not that well, though :)
If you have any ideas for future meetups, please send me a message.  I can't promise to honor all requests but I will try.  I do hope to implement some events specifically for beginners and others for intermediate/advanced, depending on interest.
I am going to move our bate papos to another night and another restaurant as Thursdays are rough for me.  I will print out a meetup sign or Brazilian flag so you can find me there!  No more posting "is anyone here" in the comments!  If you have any restaurant suggestions (or even coffee houses) that would be conducive for conversation, please let me know.  Preference would be for Cary/Raleigh as Durham/RTP is a bit far for me.  We may end up testing a few different places.  Also, if you would be interested in hosting a small group at your house, please let me know.
Please be patient with me through this transition, and I hope to see you at one of our events!

Sara