Organizer - Larry Peck [masked]
This is a spur of the moment hike that my wife and I will be doing. I thought I'd post this as a meetup if anyone would like to join us. My wife(Kelly) is a beginner hiker who hikes at a beginner pace with lots of breaks.
***this hike is cross posted with the New England Hiking Meetup***
- Read the entire description before you RSVP.
- If you RSVP "YES" the next page displayed is the questions.
- Answer all questions that are part of the RSVP.
- Failure to answer them will result in your removal from this event.
- If you RSVP from a mobile device or accept from the announcement Email, the questions may not show up.
- Use a computer, on the Upper Right of the page in the Green Box click "CHANGE RSVP", select "Yes" and click RSVP, the next page displayed is the questions.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOGIN WITHIN THE NEXT THREE DAYS TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OR YOU WILL BE MOVED FROM "GOING" TO "NOT GOING".
- If for some reason you cannot get the the Questions and you have REREAD these instructions and FOLLOWED them please send me an email.
What we'll be doing
The entire hike will be on the Wentworth Trail, which is accessed from Mead base conservation center. The complete hike is about 4.2 miles round trip. I don't expect this hike to be more than 4.5 hours in duration but I'm never in any hurry so we can take as much time as needed.
The forecast for Sunday is Partly sunny and in the high 70s. Make sure you bring plenty of water.
This will be at a slow paced hike catering to beginner hikers. The goal is to tag a 52 With A View peak and enjoy the scenery at the top without killing ourselves. Even though this is a beginner hike, you should have some cardiovascular capability as we will be gaining almost 1800' of elevation.
If you would like to know what you are expected to have, review the following list:
Trail map can be found here
- are from Route 93 north, NH border and looks like it's about 1hour 45 minutes
the google map of the parking lot can be found here
Look for the 2004 Gold Toyota Tacoma Pickup or 2000 pewter Chevy Suburban
Please email me your questions.
Random Group of Hikers Disclaimer
As a condition of your voluntary participation in this activity you acknowledge and agree to the following: this activity involves inherent risks that can cause property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death to participants and/or others; you assume all risk associated with this activity; you are responsible for having the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, clothing, and equipment to safely participate in this activity; you know and will follow the Hiker Responsibility Code; the organizer(s) of this activity are volunteers; and you release, hold harmless, and indemnify the organizer(s) and all members of this group from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.