This looks like a fun event so I figured I would post it here. While you can RSVP here and communicate with other randomites that might be going, you need to purchase your tickets using the information within the event listing below.
For those who don't know, the Random Hikers are volunteer trail maintainers of a small section of the Appalachian Trail - we have a 3.3 mile section between Route 112 in Lincoln and the junction with the Gordon Pond Trail (part of the Kinsman Ridge Trail). We recently visited our trail to clear drainage and cut back overgrowth. Be sure to watch our calendar for future trail maintenance events.
In celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the completion of the Appalachian Trail (A.T.), the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) will be hosting a membership drive called “DISCOVER THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL” across the USA.
The event will feature the National Geographic film - America’s Wild Spaces, the Appalachian Trail. Several special guest speakers will also share their story of the Trail and free prizes will be awarded to the public. All proceeds will go directly to preserve and protect the Appalachian Trail.
Every dollar raised will help preserve and manage the A.T. – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
During this membership drive, the ATC will be showcasing the National Geographic film - America’s Wild Spaces: Appalachian Trail in theaters. Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear true stories from the people that have hiked the 2,180-mile Trail as well as those who volunteer to protect and maintain it. Prizes will also be awarded throughout the event such as water bottles, hats, and an ENO Hammock.
- Admission to view the National Geographic film - America’s Wild Spaces: Appalachian Trail
- Meet the hikers that were highlighted in this documentary (*at select locations only)
- Interact with a 2,000 miler (someone that has hiked the entire estimated 2,180 miles of the A.T.)
- Hear stories of the men and women who volunteer on the Trail
- Win cool prizes such as water bottles, hats, and an ENO Hammock
- View the winning submission in the ATC’s “Why Do You Love the Appalachian Trail?” video contest
- Free admission for children 12 and younger
- Free membership or gift membership to the
- 1 year subscription to A.T. Journeys, the official magazine of the Appalachian Trail
- ATC decal and patch
- The satisfaction that your support will help preserve and protect the A.T.
GET YOUR TICKETS:
Remember this is a membership drive and fundraising event - the minimum cost is $30 per ticket. There are also more expensive tickets based on how much you want to give.
You can get $5 off your admission by entering the discount code FBATC12 when you check out.
Click HERE to purchase your ticket(s).
About the Theater:
The Brattle Theater
40 Brattle Street
Cambridge, MA 02138