Random Group of Hikers Message Board › How to Answer the Questions / How the Waiting List Works

How to Answer the Questions / How the Waiting List Works

Michael B.
akafuzzjones
Group Organizer
Pepperell, MA
Post #: 260
We've had added a lot of new members this summer and I have gotten quite a few questions so I figured I would make the answers available to everyone.

Q – How do I answer the questions that were part of the RSVP process for an event if I wasn't able to answer them when I first signed up for it?

A – Sometimes when you RSVP using a mobile device (e.g. phone, iPod, etc.) the questions may not show up - be sure to go back and answer them from a computer when you get a chance. Remember, you need to answer the questions that are part of the RSVP process if you are a "YES" or on the "WAITING LIST". Your RSVP may be removed from the event if you don't answer the questions.

• If you already are a "YES" and need to go back and answer the questions. Go to the event page. Click "CHANGE RSVP" in the upper right corner. Select "YES". Click "RSVP". Then answer the questions and click submit.
  • If you are on the "WAITING LIST" and need to go back and answer the questions. Go to the event page. Click "CHANGE YOUR MIND?" in the upper right corner. Click "CHANGE DETAILS". Click "CHANGE DETAILS" again. Then answer the questions and click submit.

Q – How does the "WAITING LIST" work?

A – You will notice that some trips start with everyone being put on the "WAITING LIST" (this allows us to screen people before adding them) while other trips get full and people that sign-up after it’s full get added to the "WAITING LIST". Because we limit the number of participants in most of our events they tend to fill up. Putting your name on the "WAITING LIST" allows you to continue getting updates about that event and get notified if space then becomes available – and spaces do free up as people’s schedules change.

If you are on the "WAITING LIST" you will receive an email when a spot opens up. The person from the "WAITING LIST" gets to the site and changes their RSVP to “YES” first gets the open spot. If you are the second person (or anyone after that) then you will stay on the waiting list. We do it this way to make sure the person who gets the spot still wants it – some times people will sign up for a "WAITING LIST" and then forget about it. If people were changed to “YES” automatically we may end up with people who have no intention or going filling the now vacant spot.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Michael Blair
(978) 808-1932