Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › My Halloween Project - Need costumes!

My Halloween Project - Need costumes!

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi! I'm a little new here, but thought I could post this...I am collecting used Halloween costumes to donate to the children at Genesis women's shelter and to Interfaith housing if I get enough. As a single mom of 3 I know that for some people it's hard to buy a $40 costume your kid will wear once. Women in shelters probably don't even have the access to the supplies they would need to make one even if they are creative! And I have been a child that was embarrased to not have a costume also.

Anyway, I bought all the Halloween costumes and treat buckets at Target when they were 90% off after Halloween, and so far I probably have about 20. I also buy them when I have the money at thrift shops, etc. If anyone has any used halloween costumes to donate that would be great!

In sept. I will get them all sorted and cleaned and labeled in large ziplock bags and put the treat bags together with candy and get them ready to go. Genesis said no one has ever done a Halloween project for them. I'm guessing it's because at that time people are all focused on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Any help is appreciated!