Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › Ashford Hall and more

Ashford Hall and more

Dave
user 4600753
Irving, TX
Hey, fellow RAK volunteers:

I've never used the repeating monthly feature for scheduling a meetup, so I hope you got your invitation to Ashford Hall for May 1. If you didn't receive a notification let me know.

For April, we had a small (yet mighty) group visiting with the seniors. For volunteers spring and summer are usually the low tide, turnout-wise, for this event. If you've been meaning to come out, this would be a great time to do so. We're also running low on supplies so if you'd like to donate, that would be great too. Seniors today specifically requested lipstick, which I found for a dollar or two at Big Lots. We're low on most things, but remember we can't bring food or drinks any more.

Don't forget to RSVP for our many upcoming events, including the 4th Anniversary party/Benefit for Japan on April 15 at Blackfinn. It's hard to believe that we have 3000+ members and that we've had 500+ events to date, isn't it?

I'm copying and pasting a message from our founder, Angela Hansen, below. If you can help out, please let her know.

Thanks for all you do!

Dave

Assistant Organizer for RAK

[/url] Hello all you wonderful RAK members…this is Angela (The founder of Random Acts of Kindness DFW, DEN and DC) from your sister chapter in our Nations Capitol and I need your help.

I have an event coming up very soon that is an amazing opportunity to reach and touch the lives of 4,5,6 and 7 year old who are all living below the poverty level.

I know that you are living in another state then them but there are still ways you can help us reach our goals as we have 129 children on our list and still have many children that need sponsors….but I know that love and kindness knows no boundaries so please see the email below and let me know ASAP if you are able to help.

Thank you all so much and keep up the awesome work you are doing by touching lives and making a difference!

God Bless!

Angela

[/url] From: Angela Hansen [mailto:angelahansen2008@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:41 AM
Subject: Every Kid Counts

Hello everyone,

[/url] We have been given the official go ahead by the school to proceed with our program for the sweet children of Ferebee Hope Elementary.

These are the same children we blessed for Christmas. We want to show them that we are not going anywhere, that we love and care for their well being.

[/url][/url] The idea behind "Every Kid Counts" is to provide and Easter Basket (for many children likely their first), and Easter Egg Hunt on the school grounds) and a food basket for their parents so that they may prepare Easter dinner for their families.

This is a lofty goal but I know we can do it but we will need everyone's help.

Here is what we will need:

[/url] Plastic Easter Eggs stuffed with Candy.

[/url] Helpers to assemble Easter Baskets.

$15 gift cards to local grocery stores to be placed in each food basket for the turkey as it would parish if we purchased it ahead of time.

Drivers with trucks to deliver them to the school.

Helpers to pass out the Easter Baskets at the School.

[/url] Helpers to hide the Easter Eggs on the School Grounds for the big Easter Egg Hunt.

Someone to take photo's.

If you would like to sponsor your same child please email me at angelahansen2008@hotmail.com.

We are asking for a $40 donation per child that will get them an Easter Basket filled with goodies and a food basket for their families.

A small price to pay for the ability to affect them so much.

Please let me know if you would like to participate.

I thank you all in advance for your kindness to these sweet children, it means so much to us all!

Thank you

Angela

Debbie R.
user 14123665
Plano, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Dave,

I didn't receive a notification for the May 1 Ashford Hall event; just the message board email. I did go out to the calendar and RSVP though.

Deb
Dave
user 4600753
Irving, TX
Post #: 145
Hmm, thanks for the info, Deb. Norman said he didn't get one either. I'll have to look into when it is supposed to send it.

~Dave
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 1,419
I'm pretty sure recurring events get a standard set of email announcements - 2 weeks, 1 week, and 1 day prior to the event. So for May 1, those wouldn't start til mid-April!