Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › 2007 Frost Bank Sporting Clay Challenge To Benefit Buckner/Shoes for Orphan

2007 Frost Bank Sporting Clay Challenge To Benefit Buckner/Shoes for Orphan Souls

Closed to new replies

Angela
flygirl123
Washington, DC
Post #: 69
Hello everyone...I've just been notified of an opportunity to help but it does fall on the day that we are slated to have our first meetup/Brainstorming Session...I'd like to know how many of you would wish to just dive right in and help with this worthy cause...The specific hours and types of help needed will be posted asap but for now here is an brief over view of the event:

2007 Frost Bank Sporting Clay Challenge
Time: May 5, 6:45 a.m. ? 3:00 p.m.

Buckner/Shoes for Orphan Souls, a nonprofit agency dedicated to the restoration and healing of individuals and families, is seeking volunteers for its sporting clay tournament to benefit orphan children around the world. Volunteers will assist with set-up, registration, greeting, scorecard collection, parking ammunition pass-out, goody bags, prize patrol and other tasks as necessary.
Volunteers Needed: 100+
Volunteers Needed: 100+

Benefiting: http://www.helporphan...­ and http://www.buckner.or...­

Please post your responses on this message board so I know where everyone stands on this...
My personal vote is to go for it and start doing..there's always time for talking...
Plus for those of you bringing your children..this could possibly be a great way for them to pitch in and see first hand the ripple effect caring and doing has on everyone involved...
I look forward to hearing from you...
Sincerely,
Angela
Lance P.
lance1224
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 43
This sounds like a great cause but I have another Meetup that morning so probably would not be able to get out there until 1:30ish.
Angela
flygirl123
Washington, DC
Post #: 72
Thanks for your reply Lance...it seems we have a lot of interest in our brainstorming session so I intend to leave it calendared and not compromise it with another event...what I think I'll do is attend the benefit myself in the morning and then meet you all for lunch for our session...I am really looking forward to it...I think it will be a good opportunity for me to share the vision I have for this group as well as hear what everyone in the group hopes for us to accomplish...I feel the potential impact this group can have is huge, without limitations or boundries....I have come up with some idea's that I am really excited to share with everyone...also...I'd like to talk with you about my "global vision" we discussed earlier....I have been working on this as well and when our group is established and ready...I'll open it up for group involvement...I look forward to a great lunch and a lot of positive energy bouncing off the walls....see you then... Ang