Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › PLEASE SUGGEST FUTURE RAK GROUP ACTIVITIES HERE: What's your favorite place

PLEASE SUGGEST FUTURE RAK GROUP ACTIVITIES HERE: What's your favorite place to volunteer

Dawn
The NINE organizers of the Random Acts group could use your help in planning events for 2008. Where are some great places to volunteer, some annual events we might be able to support, and some groups that could use the help of a group like ours?

Please post your responses on the Message Board in the discussion titled: Random Acts: What's your favorite place to volunteer?

Thanks!
~Dawn
Assistant Organizer
Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 683
We are planning to keep the monthly SoupMobile and Ashford Hall events, I forgot to mention that in the email!
smile
Allen W.
Allen_Wyatt
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
So far, my favorite place to volunteer is SoupMobile. Haven't been to lots of places with the group yet though.
Valorie
ValorieGrace
Sanger, TX
Post #: 1
Favorite Place: Meals on Wheels

Annual Events/ Places that might need help:

Cumberland Presbyterian Childrens Home in Denton
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 678
Karen sent you this message from Random Acts of Kindness
Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup on Meetup.com:

--------------------------------------­--------------------------
Women's Shelter (any organization assisting abused women)

Assisting with cleaning up community
Karen L
user 4374575
Plano, TX
Post #: 2
Two places we might want to consider are Ronald McDonald House which is right near Children's Hospital of Dallas. I have volunteered there before and have helped provide meals for the families of sick children who are being treated at Children's. Also, the families just enjoy talking with the volunteers.

The other place we might look into is The Troy Aikman Foundation and Aikman's End Zone. I believe this is also affiliated with Children's Hospital.

And for those of us who love animals, we might consider Operation Kindness or one of the other animal organizations.
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 679
Tharuma sent an email suggesting Habitat for Humanity too!
Pat
user 4285694
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
How about Habitat for Humanity? They use volunteers on the building sites, and in the Dallas workshop.
A former member
Post #: 21
I will 3rd H for H. I worked for them mamy years ago but it seems all the local ones only take groups now, not individuals. I would love to do that again.
A former member
Post #: 81
FYI for those of you who like volunteering at Ashford Hall....I'm working with Senior Source now to add another Long Term Care Facility - in Dallas or North Dallas - to our calendar.

Melanie P