add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Denver Metro Area Living and Raw Food Cafe Message Board › Visitor to Denver area--looking for best place to shop organics

Visitor to Denver area--looking for best place to shop organics

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone!

I will be spending quite a bit of time in the Denver area over the next 4-6 months, and I'd like to know the BEST places to buy fresh, organic produce.

I'll be working for a client in the Centennial area and residing a little north of the Aurora area.

The Sunflower Market is close to my client's office, and I love shopping there. Are there any other good stores further northeast? Or are there any open, European-style markets?

Thanks for the help!

AJ DePriest
A former member
Post #: 1
I live in North Denver, so not completely familiar with where you will be. If you can find a Whole Foods in that area, they have the very best organic selection. Also, another favorite is Vitamin Cottage (all of their produce is organic, so you don't have to pick through). The selection at Vitamin Cottage is minimal though. Sunflower is great too, but only about 25% of their produce is organic. If you are in town over the summer, we do have some great farmer's markets who sell some great organic produce! Hope that helps. :)

Shelley Hillesheim
Owner, Chef Instructor
A Nourished Life