PS - I realized I need to correct the spelling of our gracious host's name in the announcement, Madeliene. Also, I'd like to share her wonderful photography weblink with you as well: http://www.madphoto.com/
- enjoy! :)
Announcing a new Meetup for The Santa Barbara Raw Food Meetup Group!
What: November Thanksgiving Potluck Celebration
When: November 9,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Here's a great opportunity to practice (and try out) raw versions of Thanksgiving recipes. This way, in case you are headed for a traditional Thanksgiving meal with family, you'll be able to bring along a dish that you can share and enjoy with confidence. Please mention the dish you'll be bringing in your RSVP so we'll have a variety of dishes.
Our wonderful Raw Spirit Festival friend, Happy Oasis, will join us again from Arizona (hurray!). Per Happy's inspiration, for a true autumnal celebration, local raw spirit-minded acoustical musicians, thesbians, poets, dancers or artists are welcome to entertain us at this special Thanksgiving Potluck event. So if you or someone you know has an artistic talent, please do share with us at this event (please make a note in your RSVP if you'd like to perform).
Madeliene, our gracious host this month, is a professional photographer. Madeliene says her home is set up more like a large studio gallery, so this should be an especially visually interesting environment for our event, thanks Madeliene! :)
2:00 pm Arrival
2:15 pm - we will gather around the table, each person will briefly (in less than 1 minute) list the ingredients in their dish. Feel free to bring any announcements, flyers, books etc. about raw food you would like to share with the group :)
Then we eat and entertainment will begin
Looking forward to gathering with you!
Heather & Debra
Did you know there is a GREAT benefit to being a host/hostess?? you do NOT make a dish!!! Our host/hostesses are so generous to volunteer & open their home to us so we have a place to meet & we are so appreciative! Please contact Debra if you would like to host(ess) call 565-1625. We are looking for host(ess) for January and February.
1. For EACH person attending, please bring a dish. Our group supports an ORGANIC Lifestyle. Please use organic raw ingredients in your dish. The cost we each spend on our dish is usually around $20.00. BE CREATIVE!!! We like to WOW each other and have a FABULOUS dinner, since we do not have any where locally to dine! This is our monthly treat to each other!
2. Please avoid using anything people might be allergic to, such as: Nama Shoyu (wheat), Tamari (wheat), Bragg's, vinegars and sprouted grains (grain intolerance). It's easy to substitute: Nama Shoyu, Bragg's or Tamari, use sea salt or use a little dark miso with water; vinegars use lemon juice. Thanks!
3. Please mention in your RSVP what you'll be bringing so we do not have multiplies of the same dish. (If when you first RSVP you don't know what you'll bring, that's okay! - you can edit your RSVP later.)
4. If you are a raw food newbie & want to try this out w/o making a dish - we have an option for you. Instead of bringing a dish you can pay $15.00 for your dinner. The max. for this potluck is 2 (two) dinner reservations. CALL Heather at[masked] to make a reservation. You MUST make a reservation for this option.
5. If you would like, bring photocopies of your recipe to share. How cool is this? You could bring one recipe and go home with a dozen! Better yet, post your recipe on the meetup.com site (in the left column click on "Files" and upload your recipe document to save paper & clutter.)
6. It is appreciated if you can contribute $1.00 towards the monthly cost for our meetup.com site.
7. A benefit to being our Host/Hostess for the potluck is you do not have to make a dish! If you are interested in host(ess)ing please call Debra.
Learn more here:http://rawfood.meetup.com/243/calendar/8972958/