Memorial Day Potluck Picnic - Discovery Park
Monday, May 27, 2013
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
(You're welcome to stay longer)
The main potluck will be at 1:00 PM. We can snack and play before and after that!
(If the weather is especially horrendous, we may cancel, so check back!)
Discovery Park - behind the visitor center (see map link) (follow the paved path south)
3801 W Government Way
Seattle, WA 98199
We will be near the tennis/basketball/volleyball courts and kids' play area.
On the park map we will be south of the Visitor Center.
About Discovery Park: http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/Environment/discovparkindex.htm
For a park map: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Environment/Trails/discovery-map.htm
What to bring:
- A prepared dish of raw, organic vegan ingredients (no animal products!). As this is a picnic, whole organic fruits, as well as salads are especially welcome! As it is outdoors, durian is more than welcome (as well as durian puddings, pies, etc.!)
- Please provide a detailed list of the ingredients.
- These events are about abundance! If eaten alone, one person's food should fill at least 2-3 people.
- If it's your first time and you don't know what to bring, but are interested in coming, just bring an organic salad (greens or fruit) with dressing on the side.
- Please bring your own plates and silverware.
What to bring - EXTRAS:
- In addition to having our raw potluck, we like to have fun, so feel free to bring frisbees, basketball, volleyball, tennis equipment, etc. Plan to have fun! If anyone has a volleyball net to bring, there are permanent posts at the park. Badminton equipment is also welcome. Perhaps we'll have another game of kickball or ultimate frisbee! I also plan to bring some juggling pins, etc., so if you're a juggler, please show us how it's done!
- If you prefer not sitting on the ground, please bring blankets and/or chairs. Let's celebrate the start of summer with some wonderful company, some fun games and activities, and some vibrant raw living foods!!!
- Bring bicycles for fun cruises around the park and down to the waterfront!
- In honor of DrummingInstead.org, please consider bringing drums!
- How about bringing some other instruments?
Newcomers are welcome!
Well-behaved children are welcome!
I look forward to seeing you there!
For more information, including contact info, go to SoyStache.com