Independence Day Potluck Picnic - Discovery Park
Thursday, July 4, 2013
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
(You're welcome to stay longer)
The main potluck will be at 1:00 PM. We can snack and play until then!
Possible treats for early birds (10:00 - 11:00 who help set-up)
(The weather looks like it'll be great, but if for some reason it turns especially horrendous, we may cancel, so check back! Though sprinkles and light rains don't bother us!)
Discovery Park - behind the visitor center (see map)
3801 W Government Way
Seattle, WA 98199
We will be near the tennis/basketball/volleyball courts and kids' play area.
On the park map we will be south of the Visitor Center.
About Discovery Park: http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/Environm...
For a park map: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Environment/Tr...
What to bring:
- A prepared dish of raw, organic vegan ingredients (no animal products!). As this is a picnic, whole organic fruits, as well as salads are especially welcome! As it is outdoors, durian is more than welcome (as well as durian puddings, pies, etc.!)
- Please provide a detailed list of the ingredients.
- These events are about abundance! If eaten alone, one person's food should fill at least 2-3 people.
- If it's your first time and you don't know what to bring, but are interested in coming, just bring an organic salad (greens or fruit) with dressing on the side.
- Please bring your own dishware and silverware.
- Basic potluck etiquette reminder (Word doc.) http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4B7NUbJaRlSTnRSMhI41B0vEX1zvLklqeI90HR8jwAcAi7pxBd1KLku920joK21BLZRVC3vWdFFegZJ_UNMp/Potluck%20etiquette.doc
What to bring - EXTRAS:
- In addition to having our raw potluck, we like to have fun, so feel free to bring Frisbees, basketball, volleyball, tennis equipment, etc. (I usually have a good supply). Plan to have fun! If anyone has a volleyball net to bring, there are permanent posts at the park. Badminton equipment is also welcome. Perhaps we'll have another game of kickball or ultimate Frisbee! I also plan to bring some juggling pins, etc., so if you're a juggler, please show us how it's done!
- If you prefer not sitting on the ground, please bring blankets and/or chairs. Let's celebrate the start of summer with some wonderful company, some fun games and activities, and some vibrant raw living foods!!!
- Bring bicycles for fun cruises around the park and down to the waterfront!
- In honor of DrummingInstead.org, please consider bringing drums!
How about bringing some other instruments?
Newcomers are welcome!
Well-behaved children are welcome!
I look forward to seeing you there!
For additional information, including host contact for day of event: http://www.soystache.com/raw-potluck.htm