Raw Network of Washington's Meetup Group Message Board › less expensive meetings?

less expensive meetings?

ct
user 100415852
Vashon, WA
Post #: 1
hi, I joined this group hoping for a network of people that does potlucks and shares recipes, tips, support for going more raw or all raw. however, everything I have seen on here so far seems to be restaurant meetings and events that seem very expensive to me. I am sure that the food is all wonderful, but I eat fairly simply and dont have lots of cash for eating out in restaurants. do you have any meetings where people just share simple fare that doesn't cost a lot? or is there another group that someone can suggest? I cannot spend $10-25 to go to a group, let alone $250. I dont intend to be critical, but I am wondering if maybe this is not the right group for me.
Demian
Demian
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Hi Vashon person:

I agree, there has been a preponderance of costly events.
But not all.

It has been my pleasure to attend a number of potlucks -- mostly at the "Raw Boys House" -- that were friendly, food saturated, and the recipes were flying.

I would encourage more homie events in homes.

At such events, it would be of interest to hear tips and experiences from raw persons on health and well-being, as well as to have a genuine "music night" from those who plunk, whistle, toot, bang and sing.

Demian
ANDREW C.
user 6628594
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Hello ct,
I have a another idea. You can attend Thrive's events for free if you volunteer. We will post the events here on meetup.com, but if sign up for Thrive's newsletter (go to generationthrive.com), you will be notified of events via e-mail. Also, you can contact Thrive directly if you see events on their Events page you're interested in.

Mariah Drogitis is the volunteer coordinator: Mariah Drogitis, mariah@generationthrive.com.

Blessings,
Andrew
ct
user 100415852
Vashon, WA
Post #: 2
thanks to both of you for your great ideas. I love the thought of a music night, although I am not currently playing an instrument. and I will get into the thrive email list. tight now I am moving my mother and also having car trouble, so not sure when I wil be getting out to events again. hopefully by october.